The importance of good mental health in today’s workplace
“What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candour,
and more unashamed conversation.”
Change is one of the six major workplace hazards that can cause, or contribute, to stress in the workplace. So, as we all endeavour to contend with the “new normal” of the Covid-19 workplace, it is crucial that everyone has the tools and support needed to promote good mental health in the workplace.
Talking openly about mental health can prevent problems from building up and can lead to improved morale and less absence from work for a mental health issue.
This mental health digital course has been created by our colleagues at Three Eggs, experts in mental health, business and learning. It is focused on you, the learner, and is a fantastic way to upskill your knowledge in this area.
It is suitable for managers and working professionals who want to understand more about their own mental health and how to support their colleagues with workplace mental health.
Level 1 – Awareness of Mental Health in the Workplace (e-learning)
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Describe some of the most common mental health conditions;
- Identify what may trigger a mental health condition;
- Understand the impact and effect of stress;
- Understand how to maintain good mental health;
- Understand the stigma surrounding workplace mental health;
- Have an outline understanding of the role of the Mental Health First Aider in the workplace;
- Start a conversation with a colleague about mental health.
You’ll find different learning techniques, useful videos, soundbites and interactive exercises. The course takes about 60 minutes to complete and there is an assessment at the end to check your knowledge.
Once completed, you’ll gain a certificate for your professional profile to show you’ve completed this Level 1 course.
You’ll have access to the content of this course afterwards to refresh your knowledge.
Click here to enrol on the Level 1 – Awareness of Mental Health in the Workplace (e-learning).
Further training available:
- Level 2 course – Mental Health First Aid for managers and team leaders
- Level 3 course – Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (Mental Health First Aider training)