Relaxed, immediately felt ‘at home’ and very comfortable. Reassuring; feedback relevant and constructive – not made to feel inadequate! Approachable – excellent at suiting my needs, concerns etc – I felt I could ask any question & I was treated with a very positive attitude. Thanks so much – I really appreciate your time.
Managing Change in Your Career is designed for employees who are going through changes at work, such as restructuring.
The first part of the workshop is structured to help people take stock of what is happening– exploring their own reactions to change and to manage change in a positive way.
The second element of the workshop focuses on key skills to help individuals refocus their career and to seek new opportunities.
The course also provides a further option for delegates to take up individual 1-1 coaching to further develop individual action plans and CVs.
This workshop is an interactive course using a number of self-assessment tools, role plays and discussion groups to assist the delegates get the most out of the day
Who Should Participate
Employees in the process of change
Benefits to you and your organisation
The end of the course will have provided participants with the skills to enable them to:
• Understand the purpose of the changes they are going through
• Explore their reactions to the change
• Identify career goals through SWOT analysis
• Identify key tools and techniques for moving on in your career
• Practise CV writing and interview skills
• Develop a personal action plan
The Changing Nature of the World of Work
• Identify the change and its purpose
The Transition Process
• Personal reaction and emotions
• The transition curve
• Strategies to manage reactions
• SWOT analysis
• Personal goals/career plans
• What are the next steps?
• Identifying opportunities
• Sources of help and support
Key Career skills
• Ideal work preferences
• CV preparation
• Job Search skills
• Interview techniques