Since 1988, Blue Novation has designed and delivered exceptionally high standard training solutions to businesses in both the private and public sector. The quality of training we deliver is of paramount importance to us.
Our approach ensures that delegates enjoy their training whilst gaining the additional skills and knowledge to become more productive in the workplace.
Power BI – Intermediate
The intermediate course is the natural follow-on from the introduction course. It looks at working with multiple datasets which involves transforming the data into a format suitable for Power BI reports, adding additional calculated columns and then telling Power BI how to relate the data in each dataset.
The course also covers adding some simple DAX formulas into the datasets in order to add additional date intelligence into the Power BI reports. You will also explore the standard visualisations and format the layout of the reports resulting in informative, dynamic reports. The course will contain walkthroughs and exercises to help the delegate get to grips with transforming and relating data within Power BI.
• Importing multiple dataset from Excel
• Removing redundant data within the datasets
• Validating the data types for columns of data within datasets
• Removing empty rows within a dataset
• Removing Null values within a dataset
• Exploring and creating relationships between the datasets
• Exploring and using date and time functions with Power BI
• Adding Measures to a dataset
• Using and configuring:
• stacked bar and column charts
• 100% stacked bar and column charts
• Line charts
• Area charts
• Line and stacked/clustered column charts
• Waterfall charts
• Scatter charts
• Pie charts
• Doughnut charts
• Maps ie plotting data onto maps
• Filled maps
• Table and matrix visuals
• Funnel charts
• Cards, multi-row cards and KPI’s
• Using the slicer visualisation
• Adding Titles and Images to reports
• Exploring the natural language query
Classroom: Postponed due to Covid restrictions
Online: Please contact us for details
Classroom: 1 day
Online: Session details coming soon!
Scheduled Course Fee
£250 + VAT
Classroom: Maximum of 6 delegates
Online: Maximum of 6 delegates
Classroom: Ipswich or onsite at clients premises
Delegates should have attended the Introductory course or gained similar knowledge in the workplace.
Scheduled course · private course · tailored · 1 to 1
All formats available classroom based or online (all instructor led)
A comprehensive course manual provides support throughout the course. Available in PDF format for Online sessions.
Gillian Burrows, Finance
Not found the course you are looking for?
We can create a tailored workshop to suit your
specific business requirements. Get in touch to find out more.
G6, The Ross Building, Adastral Park,
Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 3RE