Since 1988, Blue Novation has designed and delivered exceptionally high standard training solutions to businesses in both the private and public sector. The quality of training we deliver is of paramount importance to us.
Our approach ensures that delegates enjoy their training whilst gaining the additional skills and knowledge to become more productive in the workplace.
Power BI – Intermediate
The intermediate course is the natural follow-on from the introduction course. It looks at working with multiple datasets which involves transforming the data into a format suitable for Power BI reports, adding additional calculated columns and then telling Power BI how to relate the data in each dataset.
The course also covers adding some simple DAX formulas into the datasets in order to add additional date intelligence into the Power BI reports. You will also explore the standard visualisations and format the layout of the reports resulting in informative, dynamic reports. The course will contain walkthroughs and exercises to help the delegate get to grips with transforming and relating data within Power BI.
• Importing multiple dataset from Excel
• Removing redundant data within the datasets
• Validating the data types for columns of data within datasets
• Removing empty rows within a dataset
• Removing Null values within a dataset
• Exploring and creating relationships between the datasets
• Exploring and using date and time functions with Power BI
• Adding Measures to a dataset
• Using and configuring:
• stacked bar and column charts
• 100% stacked bar and column charts
• Line charts
• Area charts
• Line and stacked/clustered column charts
• Waterfall charts
• Scatter charts
• Pie charts
• Doughnut charts
• Maps ie plotting data onto maps
• Filled maps
• Table and matrix visuals
• Funnel charts
• Cards, multi-row cards and KPI’s
• Using the slicer visualisation
• Adding a custom visualisation
• Adding Titles and Images to reports
• Creating a dashboard with visualisations from different reports
• Further exploring the natural language query within dashboards
19th Jun 2019 – Spaces available
Scheduled Course Fee
£235 + VAT
Delegates should have attended the Introductory course or gained similar knowledge in the workplace.
Scheduled course · private course · tailored · 1 to 1 (all instructor led)
A comprehensive course manual provides support throughout the course and upon your return to the office.
Gillian Burrows, Finance
Not found the course you are looking for?